This Simran THG-300 300-watts max load, converts 220/240 volt foreign electricity to 110/120 volt North American electricity allowing to use standard American appliances and electronics in foreign countries. The Power cord has built-in European/Asian style grounded plug that fits in most European countries so no additional plug adapters required. This THG-300 transformer also has Safety Fuse Protection feature for avoiding any damage to the appliance in case of power surge. This metal cased high quality transformer is designed for continuous use. CE Approved model.
- Heavy Duty Grounded step down transformer for continuous use
- To use North American 110 volt appliances abroad with 220/230/240 volt electricity
- Converts 220/240 volts down to 110/120 volts
- Perfect for use with Home Electronics, Computers, Kitchen Appliances and other Electrical Devices
- 300 watts maximum capacity
- Shock proof sockets
- North American receptacle: (Unit socket) accepts 2 prong non-grounded or 3 prong grounded U.S. plug
- Built-in Fuse Protection
- Built-in Euro/Asian power cord with 2 prong Schuko Grounded plug
- CE Approved and ISO Certified mode
- 4.8mm plug diameter
- Input 220 volt 50hz Single Phase
- Output 110 Volt 50hz
- For Export Overseas Use (Not Compatible for use in North America).
How to find correct Voltage Converter
To determine the right voltage converter for your appliance, first find out the voltage (110 or 220 Volt AC) and wattage rating (watts or amps) information on the back or bottom of the appliance or from instruction book of an appliance. If no watts are shown and only amps are shown, multiply the volts (input AC) by the amps to find the watts.
Volts (AC input) x Amps(amperage) = Watts (Wattage)
110V x 0.5A = 55W
Please note that some items need a bigger "buffer zone" because they tend to spike in power. If your item needs 300 Watts, then this converter is NOT good for that item because the required wattage of your item is too close to the maximum wattage of this converter. We do not recommend using this converter past approximately 80% of its maximum capacity of 300. It is always safer to have MORE than what you require, than to not have enough. If you use this converter at its maximum capacity for a prolonged period, it will eventually burnout.
Please note transformers are to be used with caution in any case. Keep away from moisture areas and children. We assume no responsibility for misused transformers. We can always recommend a certain size and model for any appliance or electronic that you have. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- This voltage converter is not suitable for use with heat producing items like hair dryers, curling irons, straighteners and appliances that has heating elements such as heating pads, toaster ovens, rice cookers, kettles, cloth irons, etc.
- items like televisions, computer monitors, power tools, laser printers tend to spike in power on startup. For safe operation it is advisable to choose a voltage converter that is twice the actual wattage rating of these appliances.